Shoot S-LOG 2 with the Sony a7S
!! Please do extensive testing before using S-LOG 2 for a paid gig !!
When shooting in S-LOG 2 (PP7 / Picture Profile 7) the native ISO is 3200, which means that you will need a lot of ND filtering to use it outside in bright daylight.
Above is a short and very unscientific example of ungraded and graded recording from the a7S.
1. Picture Profile: Switch to PP7 (check the picture gallery for directions)
2. Aperture: Set the desired aperture
2. Exposure: Set the exposure, using the ISO button, so you get M.M +2.0 in the bottom of the screen. Dont go more than 2 stops over, since you will start loosing texture in the brighter areas of skin.
3. Zebras: some use 70% and make sure to they don’t show up on skin highlights, some use 100% and make sure they never show up at all.
4. White Balance: set the right white balance
5. Start shooting
Switching to PP7 and S-LOG 2
Color Finale and AriLuts
My favorite products for the a7S