Can I use the Godox TT685s and the Godox X1T-s with my Sony a7 cameras? Yes!
I have been a Canon user for many years. I thought it would never change. It did 🙂
Was’nt really looking for another still camera, but for a camera for my video business. Wanted to find something smaller than my “old” workhorse, the Sony FS100.
Then Sony came out with the a7S, which quickly proved to be a solid video camera. And it turned out to be a good still camera as well.
After a couple of years with the original Sony a7S, I have upgraded to Sony a7RII and a6300.
So does it work with the Sony a7 series? The short answer to this is YES!
The TT685s is very nice and the latest TTL HSS flash system to support Sony cameras with Multi-Interface hotshoe. Godox TT685S supports both optical transmission and 2.4G wireless transmission with all-in-one functions.
Off camera, and using the X1T-s the TT685s becomes an awesome off camera flash.
Godox X1T-s trigger
The Godox X1T-s trigger allows you to fire 5 groups of flashes with 32 different channels, all with separate power settings. Every group is remotely controlled via the Godox X1T-s. This is very handy when the flashes are on stands. You wont have to adjust every flash. It’s all done on the Godox X1T-s on your camera. Very nice. The X1T-s also triggers the Godox AD600 battery powered studioflashes.
Keep an eye on my instagram: @bodhivisuals to see future pictures from my a7RII and the Godox TT685s 🙂
Godox Thinklite TT685s flash specifications
Guide No. 60(m ISO 100) /190(feet ISO100)
Flash coverage: 20-200mm
Swinging/titling flash head, 0-360° horizontally and -7-90° vertically(Bounce Flash)
Flash duration:1/300 to 1/20000 seconds
Exposure control system: TTL auto flash and manual flash
Flash Expose Compensation(FEC): Manual, ±3 stops in 1/3 stop increments
Sync Mode: High-Speed Sync(up to 1/8000 seconds), First-curtain sync and second-curtain sync
Recycling time: approx. 0.1-2.6seconds
Sync Triggering Mode: Hotshoe, 3.5mm sync line, Wireless control port
Power Supply: Ni-MH batteries (recommended) or 4xLR6 alkaline batteries
Auto power off after 90 seconds without operation
Dimension: approx. 190x76x64mm/7.5×3.0x2.5″
Weight: approx. 410gSuitable for:
Sony a7, a7R, a7S, a7II, a7RII, a7SII, a6300, a6000, a5100, a5000, NEX-6, a99, a77II, a68, a58, RX1, RX1R, RX1R II, RX10, RX10 II, RX10 III, RX100 IIPackage Includes:
1 x Godox TT685S Flash
1 x Hot Shoe Stand
1 x Protecting Bag
1 x Original Packing
Godox X1T-S TTL 2.4G Wireless Flash Trigger
- Model: X1t-S
- Compatible with: Sony cameras; Support for the cameras that have PC sync socket
- Build-in Remote System: 2.4 G wireless transmission
- Modulation Method: MSK
- Power Supply: 2*AA batteries
- Manual Flash: Yes
- TTL Auto Flash: TTL
- Multi flash: Yes
- High Speed Sync (HSS): Yes
- Flash Exposure Compensation (FEC): Yes, ±3 stops 1/3 stop increments
- Flash Exposure Lock (FEL): Yes
- Focus Assist: Manual open
- Second Curtain Sync: Yes (Setting on the camera)
- Controlled Slave Groups: Max 5 group (A/B/C/D/E)
- Transmitter Distance: >100 meters
- Channel: 32 channels
- Synchronization Delay Set: Yes (0-10ms, set in unit of 100us )
- Modeling Flash: On/ Off
- Zoom Setting: Adjust the flash’s focal length through the transmitter
- Display Panel: Wide LCD panel, backlight on/off
- Output Interface: Transmitter: use a PC port to input and output
- Firmware Upgrade: Use the Micro USB port to upgrade
- Memory Function: Settings will be stored 2 seconds after last operation and recover after a restart.
- Transmitter Size/ Weight: 72x75x52(mm)/90gPackage Contents:1x X1S Flash Trigger Transmitter